Alianta is seeking a part-time Executive Director to develop Alianta’s existing projects, as well as design and implement new projects to promote the Romanian-American partnership and raising Romania’s profile in the U.S. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with non-profit project management, event planning, administration, and fundraising. Communications experience or social media proficiency are also sought, as is experience developing and executing a budget.
Executive Director – Part Time
The Executive Director reports to the Alianta Board President and is responsible for the organization's achievement of its mission, projects, and financial objectives.
Develop funding sources and expand base of Romanian-American supporters:
- Oversee (semi)annual Awards Gala and other fundraising/friend-raising events.
- Develop and manage revenue-producing and mission-focused programs.
- Seek and manage financial and professional resources/partnerships to ensure the sustainability of the organization.
- Maintain personal contact with key supporters in the U.S and Romania.
- Keep Alianta’s contacts connected to its programs through timely communications via web page, social media, email, and printed materials.
- Research potential supporters, donors, or grants to support mission centric programs.
Program Development and Administration:
- Assure that the organization has and follows a long-term strategy to achieve its mission.
- Provide leadership in developing programs and organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors; carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board.
- Recruit and manage volunteers/interns to support the work of Alianta.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Develop and maintain sound financial practices, including proper internal controls on expenditures and timely processing of donations and bills payable.
- Work with the Board in preparing a budget; ensure Alianta operates within budget guidelines.
Provide administrative support to the Board
Interested applicants can please submit a resume and letter with references to Eileen McHenry, Alianta Board Secretary, 2005 Chadds Ford Dr, Reston, VA 20191 or firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 508-303-6299.
ALIANTA November, 2014