38th Congress of the American-Romanian Academy of Arts and Sciences (ARA)
California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Pasadena, California, USA
July 23-27, 2014
It is a distinct pleasure to invite you to the contribute to the 38th ARA Congress, in Pasadena, California.
Members of the intellectual elite of Romanian descent from all around the world, and friends of Romania of all nationalities, will meet to discuss recent contributions to art and science. In addition, TED styled talks will present revolutionary ideas in technology, business, healthcare, entertainment, and other fields that mark our lives and shape our future.
Keynotes (all Honorary Members of the Romanian Academy): Prof. Basarab Nicolescu (Emeritus Prof of Physics, CNRS, France), Dr. Constantin Bulucea (IEEE Lifetime Member, US) and Prof. Gheorghe Mateescu (Emeritus Prof of Chemistry, Case Western Univ, US)
TED-styled talks (a total of eight talks will cover technology, entrepreneurship, medicine, art, etc. )
• Adrian Lobontiu, MD, FACS, Medical Director, EndoGastric Solutions, USA;
• Daniel Marcu, Chief Science Office, SDL Solutions, USA;
• Adrian Bot, MD, PhD, Kite-Pharma, USA;
With a few small exceptions, the Congress will be single track, with oral and poster presentations. The oral/plenary talks will be carefully selected to appeal to a broad audience, and provide a representative coverage over the spectrum of areas of interest to the Congress. Both oral and poster presentations will be subject to the same peer review. Panels will be organized for discussions in specific areas of interest to larger groups.
We invite contributions in the following areas:
- Formal sciences ( Mathematics, Logic and Decision theory, Systems theory, Statistics, Computer Science);
- Natural science (Physical sciences- Physics and Chemistry, Earth Sciences and Life Sciences);
- Social sciences (Economics and Business, Law, Political science, Military, Security and Law enforcement, History, Education);
- Applied sciences (Medical and Health sciences, Technical Sciences/Technology and Engineering);
- Interdisciplinarity and Transdisciplinarity;
- Arts and design: decorative arts, plastic arts, performing arts (as Los Angeles is a capital of art and entertainment, music and film contributions are particularly encouraged), literature, martial arts, design, esthetics;
- Theology and religious studies, philosophy and history of science.
Please visit the website for more details and to submit your contributions by March 30.
Adrian STOICA, PhD
38th ARA Congress Chair
July 23-27, 2014
The 38th ARA Congress
Caltech, Pasadena, CA
American Romanian Academy of Arts and Sciences invites you to join us at the California Institute of technology (Caltech) for the 38th ARA Congress.
Information about the Congress venue, program and invited speakers is available at: http://www.ara-conf.org/
Registration and submission are now open. You can register following the direct like at:
Early registration is available at discounted price.
Papers for the Congress can be submitted online at:
Deadline for submissions is April 15, 2014.
Contact us with questions and suggestions and let us know if you are able to attend.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Subject 38th ARA Congress, Pasadena, July 23-27
Call for papers